Kevin

Apple's New Ad "Genius" Ad Campaign - Bad or Good?

The newest crop of Apple TV commercials caught my attention and not in a good way. I am not an Apple fan though I have enjoyed some of the advertising in the past. Even when some of their past advertising was at my expense :p they were still good for a laugh. With the the new commercials they strike me as making more fun of their users than their competitors. The first commercial I saw, the one with the husband showing up at the apartment of the Apple "Genius" while his wife is in labor, I actually thought was a parody. Then I saw the other ones. Interesting. Poking around some other sites it seems like a lot of others are thinking the same thing.

What do you think, good or bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qd-Oc6FFDA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LyIwJgQlsc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRveuk_4Or0

Completely and utterly insulting and condescending.

Yet you'll still see Apple fanboys gushing over how great these ads are and how they take no offense to them :rolleyes:.

David, you are too easily offended.

Not really no, I just find it rather idiotic to portray their customers as idiots.

It's probably just about the worst ad campaign ever imagined.

It's probably just about the worst ad campaign ever imagined.

Well, there the Bill Gates & Jerry Seinfeld commercials that quickly went away. They tried turning Bill Gates into a personality figure by using Seinfeld but the whole thing was a disaster.

Well, there the Bill Gates & Jerry Seinfeld commercials that quickly went away. They tried turning Bill Gates into a personality figure by using Seinfeld but the whole thing was a disaster.

That's because Gates is extremely socially awkward. Those were failures for missing their mark; these are failures because they will alienate some of their consumers.

That's because Gates is extremely socially awkward. Those were failures for missing their mark; these are failures because they will alienate some of their consumers.

Well, if you want to talk about alienating customers, let's not forget about Microsoft Bob. If there was ever anything that treated customers like idiots, that one ranks up there. At least Clippy is joked about by Microsoft, Bob on the other hand is one of the Products That Must Not Be Named.

Well, if you want to talk about alienating customers, let's not forget about Microsoft Bob. If there was ever anything that treated customers like idiots, that one ranks up there. At least Clippy is joked about by Microsoft, Bob on the other hand is one of the Products That Must Not Be Named.

Microsoft Bob who :sneaky:.

Nothing and I mean nothing will ever beat the microsoft commercials (even though most of them get banned) they are simply awesome with the following being one of my favs LMAO

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.