• Bacon Forum is a community for everybody! If you love bacon or just want a spot to hang out with some friends then this is the place for you!

Pig Candy

southernlady

Pig Candy 101

You must have proper pans to make it or your screwed :) The bacon must be elevated so the grease and excess melted sugar can drip down off the bacon so it gets crispy. I use both a broiler pan covered in foil (both pieces) with holes pokes in the slits and the second is a jelly roll pan ... with a cookie cooling rack over it.

Heat oven to 350

Pig Candy .... 2 ingredients!

Bacon (thick or thin depending on your preference)
Brown Sugar (I use light but many use dark ... and I've heard people use brown sugar splenda too)

Dredge bacon to coat as best as you can.

Lay bacon next to each other on the prepared pans.

You can sprinkle a little extra sugar on if you want .... or sprinkle a little cayenne pepper if you like Sweet Salty and Hot :)

Bake at 350 for 25 mins or so. You can decide when to take it out. I enjoy it out earlier ... it doesn't get as crispy and the sugar stays a little "sticky" .... AND ... I enjoy leaving it in long ... watching it doesn't burn though which produces a crunchy bacon and the sugar hardens once cooled to a crackle candy caramelized around wonderful bacon goodness :)

Plan on making a bunch because you will be eating it warm :)