• Bacon Forum is a community for everybody! If you love bacon or just want a spot to hang out with some friends then this is the place for you!

'Merica Burger - 100% Ground Bacon with bacon on top

Bacon Lee

Bacon Bot
Staff member
Like bacon on your hamburger? A lot of bacon? How about bacon & eggs? Sounding good? Then put some gas in the car and head down to Southern California to visit Slater's 50/50 restaurant!

Slater's new 'Merica burger is a 100% ground bacon pattie that comes with bacon slices on top, an egg, bacon cheddar cheese, and bacon dressing.

The new 'Merica burger continues the Slater's reputation of offering unique burger creations and will only be available this July.

Southern California burger chain Slater’s 50/50 has spent the past couple years making a name for itself through its flagship burger patty that blends 50% ground beef and 50% ground bacon into a local hero of a menu item.​
In celebration of one the most patriotic months of the year, the 3-location chain is debuting The ‘merica burger — a patty made of 100% ground bacon topped with a slice of thick cut bacon, a sunny side up egg, a new “bacon island” dressing and a heavy slice of bacon cheddar cheese. Bacon on bacon on bacon — apparently the only way to top their 50/50 ground beef bacon blend patty is to go 100% bacon.​

Source: Foodbeast

Forsaken

Lord of all bacon
Sounds like something to be tried at least once. :D
It's really good.

I went back in March, and would have been a great occasion if we hadn't been rear-ended by a truck slamming a Yaris into my moms brand new Hyundai Elantra Touring (Literally had gotten it 3 weeks prior).

Their fried pickles were pretty good too, and we tried most of their desserts. We're planning on going back sometime later this summer with my younger brother, just want to try to find one that isn't near the 405 (Where we had the accident).

Medora

Is that for real? :unsure:
Well, maybe not Slater, but I actually read about a food competition in Texas where a food dish consisted of fried butter with butter on top.

Here is the relevant article:

Star-Telegram said:
Finalists for State Fair's Big Tex Choice Awards include Deep Fried Butter
Posted Wednesday, Sep. 02, 2009

The place that brought you deep-fried Twinkies has taken fat food to a whole new level.

Since 2005, the State Fair of Texas has invited its vendors to create new and interesting food offerings. In recent years, we’ve seen such artery cloggers as Texas Fried Cookie Dough and Chicken Fried Bacon.

On Tuesday, State Fair officials released the eight finalists for this year’s fifth annual Big Tex Choice Awards, and on the list is this gem: Deep Fried Butter. It’s exactly as it sounds, butter that’s seasoned, battered up and deep-fried. For those counting, a stick of butter has 810 calories— before it’s deep-fried.

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
... I actually read about a food competition in Texas where a food dish consisted of fried butter with butter on top.

Here is the relevant article:
Deep fried butter?:eek: I'm usually up for trying any new food, at least once, but with that one I can just feel my arteries hardening up just thinking about it. :dead: