• Bacon Forum is a community for everybody! If you love bacon or just want a spot to hang out with some friends then this is the place for you!

Debug for admins only

Liam23

I'd pick Bacon over Sex
Hey, I think you guys should remove the debug info from guests and normal members view..
Do this by going to the footer template Via ACP
Find:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$debugMode}">
Replace with:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$debugMode} AND {$visitor.is_admin}">

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Actually I have set in the config.php file to only turn on for one 1 IP. :confused: I've turned it off for now, will experiment a bit better when I'm back home.

Thanks for alerting me that it was turned on (and work-around)! (y)

Liam23

I'd pick Bacon over Sex
Actually I have set in the config.php file to only turn onfor one 1 IP. :confused: I've turned it off for now, will experiment a bit better when I'm back home.

Thanks for alerting me that it was turned on (and work-around)! (y)
Happy I could help!
Id love to experiment with you guys (With xenforo, nothing else :rolleyes:)
Feel free to ask me if you would like any quick code modifications :)

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
FYI Followup: The cause for debug showing up for everybody instead of just the specified IP was a stupid Kevin human error.

Brandon

FYI.. Adding that line will hide the info in the footer but if you know the setup for the thread debug info, you can still access it.

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
FYI.. Adding that line will hide the info in the footer but if you know the setup for the thread debug info, you can still access it.
Good point! Somebody knowing the XF URL structure could blindly try it on a site and see the page even though the link isn't visible.