• Bacon Forum is a community for everybody! If you love bacon or just want a spot to hang out with some friends then this is the place for you!

Best way to cook bacon

Forsaken

Lord of all bacon
This is for cooking bulk bacon (1lb to 5lbs depending on your oven).

Slap 1lb or more of bacon on a tinfoil wrapped cookie sheet (With a lip to help keep fat from dripping off of it).

Turn oven up to 400°F (Do not preheat) and slide cookie sheets onto middle rack).

Cook for ~20 minutes (If you have sheets on the bottom rack, cook a minute or two longer after removing the sheets on the middle rack).

Enjoy the bacony goodness.

Criss P

Bacon Eating Fat Twat
The best way to cook bacon???

This implies there are bad ways of cooking bacon.......There ARE no bad ways of cooking bacon, its all good ...well, provided you don't cook it till its ash...lol

baconlover

The best way to cook bacon???

This implies there are bad ways of cooking bacon.......There ARE no bad ways of cooking bacon, its all good ...well, provided you don't cook it till its ash...lol
I've done that in the past, oh yeah and me being a bit slow off the mark today, I just "got" your username :D

Lycaon

I usually dry fry it for a few minutes until it's just cooked.

I don't mind crispy bacon but frankly I can't wait for it to get crispy.

southernlady

Slap 1lb or more of bacon on a tinfoil wrapped cookie sheet (With a lip to help keep fat from dripping off of it).
If you use a proper jelly roll pan and not a cookie sheet (most people think they are the same thing), you don't have to worry about adding the lip to the foil as the jelly roll pan has sides to it.

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
If you use a proper jelly roll pan and not a cookie sheet (most people think they are the same thing), you don't have to worry about adding the lip to the foil as the jelly roll pan has sides to it.
You are now making me question what exactly I have in my cabinets. :(

southernlady

What on earth is a jelly roll pan? o_O
I've made a jelly roll...PITA to make but once made, really good
A wide, flat pan similar to a cookie sheet or baking sheet with sides. The sides are 1-inch (2.54 cm) deep. The most all-purpose size to have is a 12½ x 17½ by 1 inch Jelly Roll Pan.

These pans were intended for baking the sheet cake or sponge cake used in making jelly rolls. Jelly roll pans are handy for many other uses such as for roasting vegetables and baking cookies.

southernlady

And you lot call us strange with what we call stuff :p
Actually the jelly roll, also known as the Swiss Roll is not of our making. Altho we did rename the Swiss Roll to the Jelly Roll (since the filling is jelly or jam) and the pan, in Europe at the time, was called the sheet pan.

Well, a sheet pan can have sides or not have sides...calling them a jelly roll pan or a cookie sheet makes sense... :D

A sheet pan that has a continuous lip around all four sides may be called a jelly roll pan. A pan that has at least one side flat, so that it is easy to slide the baked product off the end, may be called a cookie sheet.