Bacon and Egg Cups
* 1 slice of your fave low-carb bread per muffin cup
* 2 slices of bacon per muffin cup
* 1 egg per muffin cup
* 1 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese per muffin cup (optional)
* Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Use a cookie cutter to cut circles out of each piece of bread.
3. Grease a muffin tin and press circles of bread in the muffin cups. Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until bread is slightly toasted. Remove from the oven.
4. Cook bacon in a skillet until halfway cooked (approximately 3-4 minutes).
5. Place 2 slices of bacon on top of the pieces of bread to form a cup (the bacon should cover the bread and the sides of each cup).
6. Crack an egg into each muffin cup (on top of the bacon). It helps to discard a little bit of the egg white after cracking and before pouring into the muffin cup.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the eggs are set.
8. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over each egg and continue to bake until cheese is melted (this step is optional).
9. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.