• Bacon Forum is a community for everybody! If you love bacon or just want a spot to hang out with some friends then this is the place for you!

Apple's New Ad "Genius" Ad Campaign - Bad or Good?

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
The newest crop of Apple TV commercials caught my attention and not in a good way. I am not an Apple fan though I have enjoyed some of the advertising in the past. Even when some of their past advertising was at my expense :p they were still good for a laugh. With the the new commercials they strike me as making more fun of their users than their competitors. The first commercial I saw, the one with the husband showing up at the apartment of the Apple "Genius" while his wife is in labor, I actually thought was a parody. Then I saw the other ones. Interesting. Poking around some other sites it seems like a lot of others are thinking the same thing.

What do you think, good or bad?

Forsaken

Lord of all bacon
Completely and utterly insulting and condescending.

Yet you'll still see Apple fanboys gushing over how great these ads are and how they take no offense to them :rolleyes:.

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
It's probably just about the worst ad campaign ever imagined.
Well, there the Bill Gates & Jerry Seinfeld commercials that quickly went away. They tried turning Bill Gates into a personality figure by using Seinfeld but the whole thing was a disaster.

Forsaken

Lord of all bacon
Well, there the Bill Gates & Jerry Seinfeld commercials that quickly went away. They tried turning Bill Gates into a personality figure by using Seinfeld but the whole thing was a disaster.
That's because Gates is extremely socially awkward. Those were failures for missing their mark; these are failures because they will alienate some of their consumers.

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
That's because Gates is extremely socially awkward. Those were failures for missing their mark; these are failures because they will alienate some of their consumers.
Well, if you want to talk about alienating customers, let's not forget about Microsoft Bob. If there was ever anything that treated customers like idiots, that one ranks up there. At least Clippy is joked about by Microsoft, Bob on the other hand is one of the Products That Must Not Be Named.

Forsaken

Lord of all bacon
Well, if you want to talk about alienating customers, let's not forget about Microsoft Bob. If there was ever anything that treated customers like idiots, that one ranks up there. At least Clippy is joked about by Microsoft, Bob on the other hand is one of the Products That Must Not Be Named.
Microsoft Bob who :sneaky:.

BaconBitch

Administrator
Nothing and I mean nothing will ever beat the microsoft commercials (even though most of them get banned) they are simply awesome with the following being one of my favs LMAO