1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nexus 7 Tablet by Google

Discussion in 'Open Chat' started by BaconBitch, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Forsaken

Forsaken Lord of all bacon

Buy Tasks, its by far one of the best apps for task management.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.teamtasks.tasks.paid&hl=en

Most task managers have rudimentary support with Google Tasks at least. There are other systems like http://doit.im that are useful as well (This is what I use currently).

2. Kevin
    Cheerful

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Member

Functionality wise it looks like a subset of the functionality of Astrid... which is not necessarily a bad thing. :) Astrid has a lot of functionality but for my needs it might be a perfect example of the 80/20 usage rule (80% of users use only 20% of the program features -- yeah, yeah, I know... the 20% is different for everybody so it can't be said which features are in the 20%). Team Tasks is more limited but may suit my needs better so I'll give it a shot over the weekend.

In the interim I'm finding Angry Birds Space is much easier to play on the Nexus tablet than my phone. :D

3. Forsaken

For a task program, less is more... You shouldn't need a bajillion options when setting up tasks.

Truthfully, I've used both Astride, and I have Tasks, and I prefer Tasks overall.

4. Kevin
    Cheerful

5. Kevin
    Cheerful

I may not have been to off that guess. Take the guts of an old model, shove it in a new shiny case, wait for people to line up.

The iPad Mini’s Guts Are Basically an iPad 2

6. Kevin
    Cheerful

With the new Nexus 10 announced I am not sure if it would have fit my needs better than the Nexus 7 as I am still enjoying the N7. However, I am looking forward to the multiple user support that Android 4.2 brings with it and can take advantage of it when it gets rolled out to the N7 devices.

Since the new Nexus 10 has a higher resolution screen then the newest iPad models, I wonder if Google will give it some marketing name like Apple did with Retina.

7. Kevin
    Cheerful

Followup: I've got Tasks now on both my devices & my wife's phone. Simple & to the point; it'll be what we'll be using for the forseeable future. For grocery shopping I like how I can create a list (eg: "Grocery Store"), add a new item (eg: "Milk"), check that the task is done after buying it and then just as easily uncheck the task when I need to pick up more. Makes those kinds of lists very easy to maintain.

8. Forsaken

I'll make a new list later, but most of the apps I use are root ones (Like Gesture Control).